Asking me to lie to front desk...?

Roger802
Level 1
Oroville, WA

Asking me to lie to front desk...?

I was sent the following message: 

Scott1:55 PM
"Your reservation has been confirmed. Your check in instructions are as follows:
1. You will go directly to the resort’s address (** Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas Nevada **) and check in at the front desk any time after 4 PM.
2. Check in is a simple process just like checking into a hotel. When you get to the front desk, just inform them that you are checking in and give the the name of the main guest that you provided to me along with an ID that matches and credit card.
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY, when you check in, to avoid any check in issues, please do not discuss where or how you booked your reservation, what is your nightly rate is, etc, All you have to do is tell the front desk you are checking in and give them your name. The front desk may as such questions but normally they do not. The reason for this is because they may code you as a rental and try to charge extra fees, higher deposits, and more. If anything like this is asked, please just tell them that you know the owner and you are the owner's guest. I own timeshares and also help other timeshare owners with their timeshares. This particular unit is owned by **, in case you need the owner's name. Being a guest of an owner gives you all the perks that an owner would receive. I hope this all makes sense and if you would like to discuss this over the phone, I can do that also.
4. To minimize check in confusion, the resort has their own in-house confirmation number but you do not need it to check in since the front desk will retrieve your reservation by your name (970041999 is the resort confirmation number in case you need it).
5. The front desk is open 24 hours for check ins but if you will arrive late such as midnight or later, please call the front desk directly (702.261.1000) to inform them. If you would like to request an earlier check in, you must call the resort front desk directly to request this on the morning of your check in date.

If you would like to extend your existing reservation for any reason, a separate reservation must be made to add onto your existing reservation and would still be a 2 night minimum.

Please message me back to acknowledge you received and understand these instructions.

If there is anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. Please keep me in mind for any other vacation rental needs that you may have. Thank you and enjoy your stay!"

I don't feel comfortable with these instructions, however, the refund policy says that I can only get a partial refund.  How do I contact Airbnb to inquire about getting a full refund?

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Roger802 

It seems to me you do not have to lie, but it is all somehow complicated with all these entities involved (The time share manager (the host ?), the owner, a frontdesk)

BTW

"If you would like to extend your existing reservation for any reason, a separate reservation must be made to add onto your existing reservation and would still be a 2 night minimum."

This is not the common procedure on Airbnb to extend a reservation. The common procedure is to sent a change request on the current reservation.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Roger802,

It sounds like the host is renting out a timeshare, and either has listed you as a friend or family member whom you've gifted the stay, and didn't inform the timeshare company that he's renting out the space, because it's against their regulations (maybe they have a formal process in which he'd have to pay them a commission that's more than what Airbnb charges).

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Roger802 

What´s the link to this listing on Airbnb?

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.