Calculated earnings

Fiona758
Level 1
Mooloolah Valley, Australia

Calculated earnings

Hi there I have been a host for nearly 2 years and until now I have always just accepted the Airbnb payments without calculating them myself. Now i am looking at a transaction history csv file and small amounts appear to be missing. I have reached this idea by looking at the amount due minus the host fee then adding on the cleaning fee. The earning amounts using this calculation are generally more than the amounts in the gross earnings column, varying from as little $0.04 to $7.78 for each transaction. But even weirder sometimes the gross earnings amount is more than my calculated earnings amount. Note that rounding up/down is not the issue.

I have spent some time trying to find the reason for this online, in the discussions etc and can't find anything that makes sense of this. It doesn't correlate with the VAT either (a whole other issue for another time).

Could someone please explain in real simple terms how the gross earnings are calculated that makes sense of this discrepancy.  

cheers Fi

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Fiona758 

Maybe provide a screenshot of the different calculations.

"I have reached this idea by looking at the amount due minus the host fee then adding on the cleaning fee."

The host fee percentage is also calculated on the cleaning fee.

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

@Fiona758  It could be from the exchange rates if any of your guests are from outside your country.