Can I list my timeshare condo ?

Answered!

Can I list my timeshare condo ?

Hi,

I have a few timeshare condos in Hawaii and Marbella.  I couldn't find rules against listing them, so I did.  Is it accepted by AirBnB?  How do you manage cancellation and reservation?

Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

@Carol70 

Absolutely.

Find out if your HOA allows it.

Mike from West Palm

View Best Answer in original post

36 Replies 36

What I’m having trouble with is that you’re  a host. You’re aware of the refer a host program yet you didn’t offer to help these folks who want to list their places on Airbnb. 

Hi Greg,

I have some floating weeks and am with RCI. Meaning, I have to call 1st RCI for an opening. How can I offer my weeks? Do I always have a certain week listed?

Can you contact me to help with this? 

I have a timeshare in Westin Ocean Resort in Kaanapali, Maui. I am not intending to use it this year so I am wondering how I can rent it out. Every research I have done said that listing it on AirBnB is better than VRBO.  But how do I go about doing so? I know that as an owner I only need to advise Vistana that someone else will be staying in my timeshare and my timeshare is quite flexible as I can book it anytime of the year except the Christmas and New Year weeks. With regards to the rental agreement, I just need to drop one of whatever rental agreement I am comfortable including in it. Like how much deposit is required and non-refundable after a certain time. As Westin charges me a fee of cancelling within 60 days of reservation date, I will obviously will include that as well. So is there a link on how to do it in Airbnb website? Would appreciate if someone can please give me a link or help me get started. Thanks

Michelle3240
Level 1
Tonganoxie, KS

WARNING! ** is an ad for a training program that costs $397 as of this writing. This is disgraceful use of a community forum.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

William1895
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Hi all, this is my first time doing Airbnb and I appreciate any help. 

I own a week timeshare and I want to rent it out.  My question is, should I only rent out the week that I own? OR Can I deposit my week and get the points where I can rent out any week of the year.  If I deposit my week, I'm able to get enough points to rent out at least 3 weeks in a year.  Am I allowed to do this or am I only allowed to rent out the week that I own?

Thank you in advance for your response! 

Michael5047
Level 6
West Palm Beach, FL

@Carol70 

Absolutely.

Find out if your HOA allows it.

Mike from West Palm