Can't Find "Local taxes and laws" Section to Add a Tax

David12026
Level 1
Huntington Beach, CA

Can't Find "Local taxes and laws" Section to Add a Tax

I'm trying to add a local tax on my property. All of the help sections say to go to my listing while in hosting mode, ensure I have "professional hosting tools" turned on (I do.), and then select the "Local laws and taxes". I don't see that option for selection. Here are the instructions that say to do this: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2523/

Note that my property is in Hermosa Beach, CA and I've confirmed that Airbnb doesn't already automatically collect and remit taxes on properties in my town as per this link: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2297

Does anyone know either where this menu option is hiding or how i can add taxes to my property another way?

4 Replies 4
Jean174
Level 6
Long Beach, CA

@David12026 Go to your listing.

Click Local Laws.

Click Learn more...

Click to select your city.

You will find the % transient occupancy tax you must pay 

You will probably see a link to your city's website. (I do for Long Beach)

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @David12026 

Not sure If I'm understanding and answering your question correctly but try this:

You're with the new photo tour so go onto the split page where you see My space, arrival guide and three lines

===>Click on these three lines and you'll see Local law and Regulations

Let us know!

Joëlle

Hi @David12026 

Per @Joelle43 , the new location for taxes is the preferences icon at the top of the listing editor (on a laptop computer):

Joan2709_0-1714772939052.png

The page below should then appear when clicking it. You should then be able to add a custom tax. The Help Article you referred to has not been updated since the new software update unfortunately.

Joan2709_1-1714773034333.png

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @David12026,

There are many great suggestions from our Hosts in this thread ✌️. If you find any of their answers particularly useful, please don't hesitate to mark it as the best answer. You can do this by clicking the button below the comment as shown in the following image:

Paula_0-1715726899120.png

This will help future Hosts with similar questions easily find this conversation.

All the best.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad