Can't add RFC number to my Airbnb account

Jamie994
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

Can't add RFC number to my Airbnb account

I recently got my RFC number in Mexico and am trying to add it to my Airbnb profile as a host. The actual Mexico Tax page in my account doesn't load and I get a 404 error. I have reported this to Airbnb but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I really need to get the RFC added before my next payout so I pay the appropriate taxes. 

17 Replies 17
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jamie994

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble adding this info to your account! Is this still happening or did you manage to find a workaround in the end? Wondering as well if you've tried from another browser, or after deleting cookies, just in case? 

Thanks, and let us know how it's going please 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks for your reply Emilie! I have tried from different browsers yes, as well as from the app. The Airbnb agent I spoke to also has the same issue in their end and has sent the issue to the technical team. I was able to add the number to another account I manage but not to my main account. I’ve not been able to come up with any sort of workaround either, definitely a frustrating situation that’s having a pretty big impact for me.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the quick response!

I can imagine that's been frustrating - could you confirm exactly where the link is in your account please? I'd like to fire this error over to our tech team to make sure they're aware of it. 🤓

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you so much! I already have a mexico curp number added and need to add my RFC number. I go to account, taxes, then click the mexico tax section with my name and then I get a 404 error. I’m not able to edit or remove my current mexico tax details.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Appreciate the details, I'll feed that back and will let you know if I hear anything else! 

-----

Thanks so much!

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jamie994 Just to keep you in the loop - I've heard back from the team and they confirmed it's an issue they're aware of and working on fixing. Fingers crossed it'll all be resolved soon for you 🤞

Emilie

-----

I have had the same problem. Rather than tell you that they have no idea how to fix this issue, they leave you hanging for days at a time and then close out your ticket!!??!! WTF? It is extremely frustrating.

@Emilie checking in again here. It’s been weeks and still no resolution on this or workaround. Are you able to reach out to the team and provide an update? I am at a loss with this issue and it’s causing significant issues for me.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jamie994 ,

I understand how important this is for you!

I have asked the team to follow up regarding any updates. Will keep you posted in case I receive any news.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jamie994this is currently being worked on. Unfortunately, there is no new information regarding this as of now.

Thanks for your continued patience, while the team is looking into resolving it.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie hello! checking in here to see if your able to get an update on this? It’s having a significant impact on my ability to properly collect and remit the right taxes and will be causing a bit of a nightmare for reconciling all of the wrong taxes being taken from my account. 

Has anyone had any luck with this?  I have been trying to add my RFC to Airbnb under the taxes section and when I click on "another country or region" under add tax info, I get an error that says "tax info isn't available for your country."  It doesn't even let me choose a country before giving this error!  I have even tried changing my address to Mexico and nothing works (we have a Mexican bank for our payout method, so it's not related to the bank account either). 

I have been contacting customer service about this for months and still have no resolution.  I just had a meeting with our accountant in Mexico last week- if we cannot resolve this by the end of the month I will need to stop using the Airbnb platform for our property completely, because it could have serious implications with the Mexican tax authorities for us (it currently appears as if we are not reporting our income or paying the IVA tax as we should since nothing is being associated with our RFC number).  We get a lot of bookings through Airbnb, and are Superhosts, but nobody can help us and I've spent more hours than it's worth trying to resolve this with the platform.  If anyone has ideas or a better contact other than the call center or "contact us" form on Airbnb I'd appreciate it!

Hello Wendy, have you been able to enter your RFC yet? I am in the same situation as you. I get the same message. I also have a mexican bank account... so far nobody with Airbnb has been able to help except just send tutorial videos and links to info that does not help.