Canada Quarantine Rules

Answered!
Ravi35
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

Canada Quarantine Rules

The government has announced criteria and submission requirements for being listed as eligible for quarantine under the new rules.

"https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-tra..."

Can Airbnb assist here? The criteria do not exclude private accommodations. But the submissions are due by Wednesday. Announcement is hidden away on the PHA site!

Ravi
1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ravi35  I do understand what a bummer this is, and the short response time frame is stressful, I just don't see Airbnb having the will to address it. But of course it doesn't hurt to contact them about it and see.

This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, though, you'd have to contact them directly.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ravi35 What sort of assistance do you expect from Airbnb? Pandemic regulations are ever changing and vary according to country and areas within those countries. I don't think you can expect Airbnb to get involved with all that, you just have to deal with whatever the current directives are where you live.

@Sarah977  The Canadian government has brought in very specific rules designed to suit hotels. The wording and the criteria do not say hotels, they say accommodations. We were hoping Airbnb would be able to deal directly with the Public Health Agency to enlist hosts meeting the criteria, like they did for Airbnb Hosts for healthcare workers.

I will be filing my own application and encouraging others in my network to do the same if they can meet the criteria for being able to maintain and report on quarantine. These were just announced today, in an obscure location! We have been given till Wednesday to apply.

Ravi
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ravi35  I do understand what a bummer this is, and the short response time frame is stressful, I just don't see Airbnb having the will to address it. But of course it doesn't hurt to contact them about it and see.

This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, though, you'd have to contact them directly.