Cannot change my registration number

Answered!
Niki68
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Cannot change my registration number

Hi there

I have been doing airbnb but put the property on hold for 3 years and did not renew my license. Now will put the property back online and need to input my new license from the city but it won't allow me to do it. I have spent nearly the whole day with Airbnb and talked to multiple people and they don't seem to know how to handle it. Can anyone please help?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Niki68 

If you had the old listing in "Deactivation" status, you would probably need to change that to "active" before the system will let you edit anything. I'm assuming you did that? If so, did you try to edit the registration number on both a laptop/computer and try doing it on the app as well?

If so, and nothing works, you could create a new listing. The reviews will stay with the old listing, but since it's been awhile since you hosted (3 yrs), guests would probably wonder why there was such a large gap in bookings anyway. Also, with a new listing you will get the temporary "New" boost in search results which is a good thing. The reviews will still stay on your profile, but will not be attached to the new listing.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

Hey @Niki68,

To update your listing, go to Policies and Rules > scroll to the bottom > click "Edit" under Regulations > click "View Registration" > then "Edit" to make changes. If this doesn't work, consider opening a new listing.

Lodge Compliance 

Thank you but I tried that yesterday, it does not allow you to edit. If I open a new listing what happens to my reviews?

Hi @Niki68 

If you had the old listing in "Deactivation" status, you would probably need to change that to "active" before the system will let you edit anything. I'm assuming you did that? If so, did you try to edit the registration number on both a laptop/computer and try doing it on the app as well?

If so, and nothing works, you could create a new listing. The reviews will stay with the old listing, but since it's been awhile since you hosted (3 yrs), guests would probably wonder why there was such a large gap in bookings anyway. Also, with a new listing you will get the temporary "New" boost in search results which is a good thing. The reviews will still stay on your profile, but will not be attached to the new listing.

Thank you Joan, looks like I will have to create a new listing!