Cleaning fees

Answered!
Charles1338
Level 2
Knightdale, NC

Cleaning fees

I am getting a number of request for people wanting to stay a whole month.  I did not anticipate this and I set my cleaning  fee for $125.  But it seems that for a whole month that would need to clean and change linens during the month as well as when they check out.  Can you charge an extra cleaning fee or how does this work.  I am finding out that there is a lot I don't know about the short term rental business.  

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Charles1338 

Although you can set 2 cleaning fees  (one is for very short stays), there is no possibility to set cleaning fee for long term stays. It must be calculated into your prices for long term stays (like setting fixed prices for specific months). As you offer a whole house: guests staying for a month and more useally do cleaning / laundry themself during their stay, but you need to provide the cleaning materials/equipment.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Charles1338 

Although you can set 2 cleaning fees  (one is for very short stays), there is no possibility to set cleaning fee for long term stays. It must be calculated into your prices for long term stays (like setting fixed prices for specific months). As you offer a whole house: guests staying for a month and more useally do cleaning / laundry themself during their stay, but you need to provide the cleaning materials/equipment.