Covid 19 payouts

Answered!
Sarah3428
Level 2
East Heslerton, United Kingdom

Covid 19 payouts

Please can someone help explain why I have only received 1 x 25% Covid payout and the rest 12.5% payout.  Also 3 of my bookings were denied a 25% payout because I as host had cancelled them on behalf of the guests request due to no travel allowed at that time.

Also I would like help changing my fee status on my host profile to guests paying as well.

Thank you

Sarah Harrison

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah3428 the payments were advertised as 25% of what you would have got under your policy. Hence if under a strict policy and the guest cancelled way ahead of the stay you got 25% of 50% ie 12.5%.

When you cancelled you were compensated 25% of 0%. Just shows guests should cancel and hosts not be so helpful.

I don't understand your last request re guests paying as well.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah3428 the payments were advertised as 25% of what you would have got under your policy. Hence if under a strict policy and the guest cancelled way ahead of the stay you got 25% of 50% ie 12.5%.

When you cancelled you were compensated 25% of 0%. Just shows guests should cancel and hosts not be so helpful.

I don't understand your last request re guests paying as well.

Sarah3428
Level 2

Thanks guys for your explaination I clearly didn't read the small print!!

My other request was about the fee structure, I wanted to change the option in our dash board to paying 3% fees with the remainder paid by the guests. But when you try to save the changes it just defaults back to their recommended option of hosts pay 14% and wont save your changes.  can you help with this?

Many thanks

Cheers

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah3428 .

When I look at your listing there is a service fee paid by the guest of approx 15% (I didn't do the maths). So if you are paying more than the standard 3% then something is very wrong.

I thought the option of guest pays nothing and host pays all was only available to the likes of Sykes Cottages who Airbnb let on their site just to make sure us smaller hosts were properly disadvantaged!

Where are you trying to make the change and I'll look to see if we have the option.

Sarah3428
Level 2

Hi ya 

thanks so much for your quick response. Wow I hope that isn't true, otherwise there will be fireworks!!

I'm making the changes from my account, click payments & payouts, click service fee and in there the choices are:

1. include all fees in your price (recommended)

2.add fees to price, Host pays 3%, guest pays 20%

option 2 is the one I'm trying to save and it just freezes

I also found out here that Airbnb collects addition 2% on all books with a super strict cancelation policy.  I am on strict should I change to a less strict cancellation policy.  If you don't mind me asking what policy do you use?

Much appreciated