Dallas City Council and AirBNBs

Sheryl176
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Dallas City Council and AirBNBs

Where does the Dallas City Council stand on AirBNBs? Who are the members for and opposed to individuals hosting AirBNBs? Is there an AirBNB group that is working with City Council members to keep our AirBNBs?

Sheryl

7 Replies 7
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Sheryl176, perhaps you could ask this question on one of the groups which you can find on our "Get Local" page. 

I hope this helps!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Why not contact Dallas City Council for answers to these questions?

Sheryl176
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Thanks Quincy. I have found and joined my local group. I've been to London several times as my brother's family lives there. I used to have a niece and nephew living in London, and got to see lots of the better parts but they have both moved now.

Fiona, I want to get the slanted point of view from fellow AirBNB hosts first to see if I need to get involved, and I'll be back over in Scotland sometime either this Fall or next year. I've been to Glasgow (grandparents from here) and Edinburgh. Now I want to travel to the islands off the west coast.

Thanks for your responses. Sheryl

Sheryl176
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Quincy, I meant to say I've been to England many times, not London. My brother lives in North Yorkshire.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sheryl176, I've lived in Edinburgh, Scotland for a few years prior to moving down to London 😃

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a local group!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Meir10
Level 2
Houston, TX

A great video was posted to YouTube a few days ago about where the Dallas city council stands.
Search for "Dallas Airbnb Ban Update 2023" on youtube.

Noreen18
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Hi Sheryl, word on the street is that the city is about to ban Airbnb and that grandfathering is not a given 😞