Disappointment with Airnbn treatment

Nela0
Level 2
Zagreb, Croatia

Disappointment with Airnbn treatment

Hi.. I am a bit puzzled with  the payment policy and wonder about adjustment issues I admit I do not understand at all .. in fact, I was really  disappointed  earlier today when I discovered that the amount I was supposed to receive for the current guest was reduced by 166 eur  due to " an adjustment" dating from 2018!   , without any prior  notice nor reminders from Airbnb,  no explanation..nothing..😒  then  I remembered that I was not willing  to refund the money to a guest who never arrived, never cancelled and who could not justify a now show  by any reasonable cause or emergency. Due to that guest, my appartment was not free for other interested clients who  wanted to rent.  The Airbnb agent I spoke to at the time confirmed that no valid proof was offered by the guest for his no show and that no emergency measures were to be applied and  that it was  up to me to refund a complete sum. Epilogue -  2 years later?!  it is deducted from the sum we are supposed to receive for current guests,  no explanation, nothing!?  What protection if any,  do hosts have,  or is all the risk  just on us?  Has anybody had similar experience? I am considering not dealing with Airbnb at all in future. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nela0  Good lord, Airbnb is now digging back 2 years for any excuse they can find to take money from hosts to beef up their dwindling coffers? How outrageous.