Discounts on longer bookings

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

Discounts on longer bookings

Hi all....I don't offer any discounts, I feel my place is priced right for what you get.  The whole apt with everything you could possibly need.  I even had a review that said I even had things they didn't know they needed.  My question is, if you don't offer discounts does ABnB give them anyway.  I have the last 2 weeks of May booked, both are week long guests, one booking ABnB gave a discount to that's costing me $70, the other they did not.  Why, not only why do one booking and not the other, but more over, why do it at all if I myself do not have it set up that way.  $70 may not sound like much but for me it is.

10 Replies 10
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Wende2 No, Airbnb will not apply discounts on your behalf. Something isn't right. Check your settings. Indeed, I just tried to book your place for a week in June and it offered me a “10% weekly discount”.

@Colleen253   I think it's very strange to do that for some.  If I had it set it surely would be on every booking.?  Maybe the discount is first come first gets a weekly discount, the discount is for the first people.?

Another question, do you know what the black dots are for on the calendar, I noticed those some time ago and have no idea what that's about.  Some days have them some don't.?   I'll go look and see if I can find something in the settings. 

Thanks.

@Wende2 Here is a link to a discussion on the black dots.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/What-do-the-black-dots-on-my-calendar-mean/m-p/1441776#M314...

Also, you still have a monthly 10% discount turned on. In case you were unaware.

Jorge

@Angelica-Y-Jorge0   Thanks, I'll take a look right now.!

@Colleen253   Sure enough it was set.  Still, why not for both bookings.?

@Wende2 Were both bookings identical in length? I believe the weekly discount is for 7 days. I’m not sure if it can be applied only to a specific date range or not. I wonder if this is some bug in settings. ‘Buggy’ things happen with such frequency that I have gotten into the habit of checking ALL my settings on a regular basis. I once had a problem with my check in continually reverting to ‘flexible’, and discovered it was tied to making changes in house rules. That was supposedly fixed, but goodness knows there are new bugs and glitches all the time. 

@Colleen253   Just double checked the bookings and one is for 8 nights.  That one did not get the discount.?  Thinking like you I'll start keeping an eye on things.  When Covid had everything closed I wanted to change IB to off after a friend mentioned a request for 2 weeks from someone in at that time a very hot zone here in the states.  We didn't have any cases for maybe the first 2 months.  I thought I'd better turn it off just in case and I couldn't, someone else said the same they couldn't either.  You could go as far as setting it to off but the save/submit stayed grey so it wouldn't save. 

@Wende2 Hmm, I would think the weekly disct would apply to the 8 day, too. 

Your IB story is another example of glitchiness.Since setting a weekly discount takes deliberate steps that you would have remembered doing, and you are very intentional about not setting discounts, one must suspect a glitch or bug at foot here. 

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Check Listings/Pricing and Availability/Weekly Discounts. That might have not been set before, and at some point there was a software glitch which turned it on. Also select the actual dates of the booking on the calendar, and edit them. Make sure there are no Rule-sets set.

@Pat271   I took a look and it was set.  Thanks.