Do you give any discounts for longer stays?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Do you give any discounts for longer stays?

Jenny_0-1675437399925.jpeg

Hello everyone!

Everyone’s looking to save some money at the moment, including people travelling, and sometimes a special deal can be very enticing and make the difference between someone booking a stay or not.

That being said, Hosts are also trying to be careful with costs.  The balance between making a living and getting bookings confirmed must be tricky.  Discounts do mean less income, but they could also secure a longer booking due to a lower cost.

I’d love to know, do you give discounts for longer stays?  Do you offer these as weekly or monthly discounts?  Have you any tips or tricks when deciding on a discount to make sure you don’t lose out on income?

Let me know in the comments, or if you don’t offer discounts, feel free to let us know why!  

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jenny 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

20 Replies 20

@Huma0 @Quincy yes, I was for a hot minute. Or rather hot two hours. Straightened it out. The woman from CS was actually really nice 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Inna22 

Phew!

I have to say that is the quickest lifting of a suspension I have ever heard of.

What was the reason? Was it a technical glitch or something else?

@Huma0 I was being the guest and it was just miscommunication. But I appreciate them paying tension to it quickly. It could’ve still dragged down.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Glad to hear this was resolved quickly @Inna22 😉

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

nice question..

hahahaahahahha..

every body needs money.. is just more severe these day since the pandemic.. 

to be honest I was the lucky one who still can get a lot of money between pandemic.. 

but lost it to liver condition.. and many stupid thing..

yes how ever.. I would like to choose a perspective.. is it better to work in long hours or short hours for the amount of time you invest.. ?? is it enough for you ..??

for me I go to basic

low season, high season, peak season and dead season..

in my area I would not give discount in December .. I earn a lot in that month .. I earn a lot.. I charge 250%... so does every one.. but on November.. is a dead season, you have been stuck at august high season.. October left over season.. and November I just sell cheap with discount and lower the cost on services and many magical entertainment or access to transport.. but you only need to come in twice a week.. so is a win win solution.. but on December even giving a discount is a no way.. because is so fast, needs a quick reflects and adaptive behaviour.. ready to be humiliated.. but if I have a day not booked .. I will block it.. so I have a rest..

money is not every thing.. even though it is a major transaction media in our life.. simple or not.. is the easies commodities to show off... 

for me time and space is the most expensive commodities.. but it is hard to show off.. look I have time... now I lost it..

sorry I'm just joking.. as worst as pandemic hit me like indescribable (I just don't want to say it) 

a person told me and these people are rich tycoon.. 

you have to live simple so you can try to be rich.. because people who live rich.. usually are poor...

second

learn to save.. just because you have money.. you have to spend mindfully.. not mindlessly.. 

so I'm just trying to be calmer, wiser, and reduce the unnecessary over weight, because I know I can do it.. 

do your best.. that is just my perspective.. but is not my life, is yours 

when it hurts.. it's probably worth it.. 

But don't follow me.. you actually don't need to get hurt to understand and learn the best decision for you ..

Good luck

big love,

MANASUI

Jeffrey Bong
Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

I don’t give discounts for longer stays, because I don’t want longer stays…

I prefer 2-7 days’ stays, so my max is 7 nights. I used to have min 2 nights (not wanting to clean for only 1 night). But then noticed that nowadays, you can have a ”long stay discount” that kicks in already from the 2nd night. So I increased my nightly rate, so that if someone is happy to pay that amount for one night, then I’m happy to clean. And then I have a discount from 2 nights. So it is more like I have a ”cleaning fee” that only applies to one-night-stays. 

But it is quite easy for me to host short stays; my listing is a tiny guest house on my property, quite new and easy to clean, and I do the cleaning myself. Also, I leave 2 nights unbooked between stays, so I’m flexible when it comes to when it suits me to clean. Makes it a lot less stressful to host! 😄