Dramatic decline in London UK inquiries

Answered!
Russ531
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Dramatic decline in London UK inquiries

We operate one of the highest rated airbnb properties in London UK and typically occupy the number 1 position in the airbnb rankings for all London. Despite this, our Views are down 80% vs same time last year and the bookings are much reduced. I know from the London airbnb host forum on FB that this is far from  an isolated case and many of those affected have slashed their prices. On behalf of  all London hosts  could we please initiate a conversation on the subject? 

1 Best Answer

as someone who ran a digital marketing agency I know a bit about search rankings and since the property has a higher average ranking in march 24 vs march 23 your hypothesis in interesting and probably not valid

View Best Answer in original post

19 Replies 19
Mark5429
Level 2
Pinner, United Kingdom

Russ

I put a few places I own on air b n b about 6 months ago. For my zone 5 house (which was a very up market new build) the bookings were dire, as it was an expensive pad I didn’t want to slash prices so I am letting it on an ast.

Ive just started to let out a zone one house and again take up has been slow so I concur with your observations

best

Mark 

Russ531
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Mark and good luck 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Russ531  I'm curious to know how YOU know that you're "one of the highest rated airbnb properties in London UK and typically occupy the number 1 position in the airbnb rankings for all London."

Russ531
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

"One of highest rated" - we have secured 100% 5 Star ratings from 70 reviews. That's pretty difficult to exceed esp in the highly demanding London market. 

"Number 1 in airbnb rankings" - feedback from guests, research from contacts around the world & search using proxies

Does that answer your question?

Indeed- it confirms what I already suspected: that you think very highly of your own AirBnB, but your statement has no basis in fact.