Drivers car insurance

Petr983
Level 2
Nový Bor, Czechia

Drivers car insurance

Hi, I am trying to use a rental van to drive guests as part of my experience. But Airbnb is requesting a proof of insurance before my experience can go live. Anyone has any workaround? 🙏

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Petr983 It is really good to see that Airbnb is insisting on proper insurance being in place for your experience. The best workaround is to get properly insured so that you and your guests are secure in the knowledge that you run a professional experience.

Thanks Mike, the main issue here probably is, that in Czech Republic we insure cars, not drivers. So the van will be insured for the time of the rental and I can send any documents now.

@Petr983 If you only rent the van when you have a customer I can see you will have trouble. Sorry but I have no ideas how to deal with this

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What sort of workaround are you looking for? @Petr983 ?

Why don't you have the right insurance if you want to use your  car for commercial purposes ? 

Surely you don't want to put your guests at risk 

@Helen3 I see it looks like I am trying to cheat the system and go without an insurace. It's quite the opposite. Using a rental van, I would only get insured for the days I am renting it and therefore won't be able to provide any insurance documents for it beforehand, which would mean my experience couldn't go live. Hope that somehow clears it up and you don't think I am trying to avoid paying my insurance and god forbid put my guests in danger.

Petr983
Level 2
Nový Bor, Czechia

Thank you for your reply. I probably didn't explain myself clearly. I am planing to use a rented van, properly insured of course, specifically for the experience. That means I don't have an insurance document to send to Airbnb now, so the experience can't go live. Hope that makes sense and really appreciate your answers.