Experienced host in Brampton, Ontario.

Answered!

Experienced host in Brampton, Ontario.

I just recently started hosting with Airbnb but I have not applied for a license from the city of Brampton.

Can anyone currently host in the Brampton area please help me understand the licensing and the short-term rules /regulations I must follow? 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you looked at the STR regulations on the Ontario government website. If not this should be your starting point @Jyoti42 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you looked at the STR regulations on the Ontario government website. If not this should be your starting point @Jyoti42 

I did check their website and it says

• Short-term rentals are permitted in the principal residence only for a maximum of 180 days per calendar year

So I can only rent(Airbnb) for 180 days out of 365 days? 

I just want to know what others in my area are doing for the rest of the days. Are they offering the place for rent for 6 monthly lease or offering long-term stays to balance it out?

Hope somebody can help

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Jyoti42 ,

As Airbnb Community Center is a global forum, it might be a bit difficult to get area-specific information.

You can also reach out to Local Hosts from or nearby your desired area to get this area-specific information : https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Local-Host-Clubs/ct-p/en_clubs.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Jyoti42 ,

Were you able to reach out to other Local Hosts and get to know more regarding the regulations? Do let us know if you have any advise for the Hosts in Brampton regarding this!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Whats the difference 180 or 365 if you don’t have a “lisence” from the city .

@Jyoti42 Airbnb automatically stops listing when it has 180 listing booked 

@Jyoti42 To my knowledge,  the city of Brampton has not started licensing Airbnb.  The council recently announced it will start the licensing pilot project with about 4 or  5 wards in the city  from 2024.  They may decide to include all the  wards in the entire city thereafter, depending on how the licensing pilot project goes. 

Bipan2
Level 2
Caledon East, Canada

Hi @Jyoti42  this is bipan 

My contact is **

I start renting my unit for airnb 

**[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share contact details on the Community Center.