Free Airbnb Bookkeeping Software?

Cheryl413
Level 2
Hendersonville, TN

Free Airbnb Bookkeeping Software?

Does anyone have a free bookkeeping software they would recommend? I'm not looking for a free trial but free bookkeeping software...or at least VERY inexpensive. I just signed up for QuickBooks Online Quick Start for 9/mo for the first 3 months but then it goes to $30/mo after that. I have only been an Airbnb host for 10 months with only one property. Since I just purchased the house a little over a year ago, there have been a lot of renovations, repairs, and of course the expense of buying furniture and getting set up as an Airbnb so I don't expect I have really made money after I calculate all the expenses. Right now all I have is a pile of receipts. Do I need to be spending money on QuickBooks at this point? I may never have more than one property. I'm just wondering if there is a more affordable option for me before I get started and input all my information into QuickBooks!!!

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you don't want to pay for accounting software, just set up a budget on a excel and add in all your expenses and income on a month by month basis @Cheryl413 

Personally I don't use software but I do have an accountant to help file my taxes and advise me on my accounts.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cheryl413 excel does it for me. Just use your trial to work out which figures go in which boxes on the return and then use excel.

Cheryl413
Level 2
Hendersonville, TN

I've been doing some online research today and discovered that Zoho Books is free if you're receipts are less than $50,000 per year. Mine definitely is so I think I will go this route. I would be interested to hear from anyone who is using Zoho Books. Even at the paid level, it's only $15 a month at the lowest level. I do not have an accountant at this point and really think I need a software system to sort of help guide me. I'm pretty tech savvy so hopefully I can figure it out.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Cheryl413  Quicken will work just fine for your purposes and is much cheaper than Quickbooks. I'm a bookkeeper.