French rental property, managed from America

Answered!
Diane1289
Level 2
Denver, CO

French rental property, managed from America

Hi. I am new to hosting on Airbnb. We purchased a property in Provence with our French relatives. I will manage the property listing from America and they will handle the on site check-ins and cleaning, etc. Can anyone point me to discussions about issues such as...should I set up an entirely new account so it doesn't overlap with my personal booking account for things such as preferred language and currency? I do have a French bank account which I will direct my payouts. Should I set up a new email specifically for the Airbnb? I have a lot of beginner questions for international listings that I am not finding on traditional discussions. Thanks in advance.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Diane1289 Not overly helpful but you should also consider tax implications. Should the listing be in your relatives name with you as co-host or vice versa?

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Diane1289 Not overly helpful but you should also consider tax implications. Should the listing be in your relatives name with you as co-host or vice versa?

Thank you, I appreciate your addressing this with me. Any recommendations are appreciated. I am in talks with my American accountant and looking into hiring a French accountant to help us with taxes.