GA Cobb County: Short Term Rental Application

Answered!
Chuck206
Level 2
Mableton, GA

GA Cobb County: Short Term Rental Application

Hello,

I'm an airbnb host in Cobb county.  I wanted to ask if my listings have a minimum stay of 31 days, do I still have to submit a Short Term Rental application?  The term Short-Term defined by the county is 30 or less days.  So, with my minimum of 31 days, I would no longer have a short-term rental.  I would have a long-term rental.

Thanks,

Chuck.

1 Best Answer

@Chuck206 

Excellent question - May I suggest you consult the planning and zoning department of Cobb County. They are the ones to give you accurate information, and to make sure you have any necessary permits and inspections. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Chuck206 

Excellent question - May I suggest you consult the planning and zoning department of Cobb County. They are the ones to give you accurate information, and to make sure you have any necessary permits and inspections. 

Chuck206
Level 2
Mableton, GA

Follow up:  I spoke to the Cobb County Business License Division and they said increasing my minimum stay to 31, 60, or 90 days would change my short term rental to long term rental and negate the need for an application for short term rentals.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Chuck206 ! Thank you for coming back and sharing new updates with us. How are you eventually using this information for your listing? Are you looking to create a Short term rental listing or a long term one?

I am also tagging our lovely member @Kitty-and-Creek0 for sharing this update, as she provided an important suggestion on this thread.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika, I changed the minimum stay on my listing to 31 days.  This ensures all of my guests stay longer than 30 days which makes my listing a non-short-term rental by definition.