GUESTS NOT PAYING CORRECT AMOUNT FOR TOTAL GUESTS STAYING

Barry-and-Viv0
Level 4
Perth, Australia

GUESTS NOT PAYING CORRECT AMOUNT FOR TOTAL GUESTS STAYING

I think there should be a way to set a price for Holiday periods that is like a SPECIAL OFFER, a price for any number of guests and including the cleaning fee where they won't be then charged for EXTRA GUESTS like they are outside of Holiday Periods. We have had 2 instances this Holiday Season where guests have booked for 2 but there is actually 5 guests staying. We are 3 hours away from the property and only found out from a neighbour. I have spoken to the AIRBNB Call Centre and they tell me there is no way currently to do this.

Custom Pricing doesn't work because it still charges for Extra Guests.

Thanks,

Barry.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You have been misinformed then @Barry-and-Viv0  you can easily request additional fees for the additional guests who haven't booked and paid through Airbnb whether during the holiday season or not.  I assume you have already spoken to the guests about this once you found out,  so just raise a charge through the Resolution Centre.

Either they pay or you can ask the additional guests to leave.

In terms of managing your place, if you are three hours away it sound like you need a local co-host to help manage issues such as this.

If you are hosting remotely you really need CCTV or similar so you can monitor the outside of your place. This will help you pick up additional guests and provide you with evidence.

I know all about the Resolution Centre Helen. 

You misread my comment.

But thanks anyway.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Barry-and-Viv0 

I think you would have to have 2 listings for the same place.

Listing 1, as it is with only off season dates available

Listing 2 for 5 guests with only high season dates available.

Thank you so much Jeff!

That would work perfectly I'm sure, I'll set it up today.

Best regards,

Barry.