Getting the word out to other area Hosts about a Handy Man Service

Getting the word out to other area Hosts about a Handy Man Service

I have a friend that operates a Handy Man Service. He has helped me out on several occasions and he would like to offer his services to other area hosts.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could spread the word to other hosts in my area using AirBnB? With so many hosts not living at their properties it doesn't work to go door to door or mail fliers. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

2 Replies 2
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @Gabe105!

It's great you want to get some suggestions for your friend. Perhaps some of other experienced Hosts would have some recommendations for they might spread the word. 

@Lorna170 @Kitty-and-Creek0 @Gwen386 where do you usually go looking when you're in need of a handyman? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Breanna 

Thanks for asking - we have an amazing person who comes to us every week for a day, or as needed. His wife and neighbor do our cleaning and garden help with things we cannot do. They help us with our long term (leased by the year) rental houses in town too. We ask them for referrals when we need more help. We keep a number of people in our list of skilled people - carpenters, plumbers, appliance repair, cement craftspeople, heating/AC people, road repairs, roofer, etc, who we trust, who know our properties and their quirks. . When we need someone with different skills we consult our local network of friends, the Chamber of Commerce, community phone book, service clubs (Rotary, Soroptimist) or the many Facebook pages dedicated to our community. Bottom line: word of mouth is the best recommendation.