Greece tax registration Greek tenants

Answered!
Dennis892
Level 1
Haarlem, Netherlands

Greece tax registration Greek tenants

Hi I am told by my accountant that I have to provide him with a copy of the ID or passport from the renter and if it’s a Greek renter also the ΑΦΜ tax number.

I have done so until now. The last renter got angry as it was against the privacy law he said and I was not allowed to ask for it. Is this legitimate or not to ask for it and do I need it to comply with the Greek tax law? How do you do it?

1 Best Answer
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Dennis892 ! It's been a while since you posted, have you found an answer to your question in the meantime?

I did find an external source that talked about Greek law (4446/2016), perhaps that has more info on what the government requires?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Dennis892 ! It's been a while since you posted, have you found an answer to your question in the meantime?

I did find an external source that talked about Greek law (4446/2016), perhaps that has more info on what the government requires?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Katya104
Level 2
Sofia, Bulgaria

@Dennis892 You are right! You should register the tourists just like every hotel and from the moment when the tourist gives his personal data to Airbnb in order to make a reservation, he agree his personal data to be used for the reservation purpose- it’s includes also the tourist registration that we have to make. In order to don’t have angry tourists, I’m sending to them an automated msg, that they have to provide me the copies of the passports of every guest. Also I wrote in my listing a short info about this. Same is for Greece, same is for Bulgaria - I have 3 properties listed in Airbnb. Only once I had one tourist that made me a such of sentence but I replied that without tourist registration the check-in is impossible in my property, so finally he sent me the passports

Mihalis0
Level 2
Athens, Greece

To the passport number or the id number if there is a privacy problem you can use "0" zeros 9 digital.