Guest Automated messaging tool (WHATSAPP)

Answered!
Umar-and0
Level 2
Shah Alam, Malaysia

Guest Automated messaging tool (WHATSAPP)

Hello.

I am looking for a messaging tools to help me automated and bring communication outside of Airbnb.

Most people in where I am hosting is using whatsapp as main communication platform. I have been looking for automated messaging tools but could not find any that has good integration with whatsapp.

Can anyone please recommend me 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would recommend, as Airbnb says,  you keep all communications on Airbnb rather than using what's app, so there is a record in case there are any issues between yourself and your guest.

Just keep what's app for genuine emergencies and always make sure you follow up any conversation on what's app through Airbnb messaging.

You can then used automated tools on Airbnb (although personally I find it easier to do everything manually (depends how many listings you have).

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would recommend, as Airbnb says,  you keep all communications on Airbnb rather than using what's app, so there is a record in case there are any issues between yourself and your guest.

Just keep what's app for genuine emergencies and always make sure you follow up any conversation on what's app through Airbnb messaging.

You can then used automated tools on Airbnb (although personally I find it easier to do everything manually (depends how many listings you have).

From the guest perspective - if a host wants to send automated messages, I appreciate when they do this solely through the Airbnb messenger, so that at least I have all the information available in one place (and also visible to customer support in the event of an issue).

I wouldn't want to receive automated messages through Whatsapp. This is solely for direct personal communication. If a guest has booked multiple Airbnbs during their trip, any automated messaging you move offsite can result in confusion; also, many people who receive a text from an unknown number will instantly ignore or block it as spam.