Guest damage... worth the hastle with aircover?

Khurram18
Level 2
Ashburn, VA

Guest damage... worth the hastle with aircover?

Hello, we just had our first incident where we had our bunk bed side rail broke. It is unclear if that is due to excessive weight or perhaps a manufacturing fault. I would like to avoid solely asking the guests to pay for the damages especially when it is unclear if they are the cause. Wondering if anyone had any luck leveraging AirCover for this type of damage? Any other options if the product isn't under manufacturer's warranty?

Will appreciate any help and advice.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Khurram18 This is a common misconception. You cannot claim under Aircover without claiming from the guest first. Basically, from what you have said the bed either had a manufacturing fault OR was not fit for purpose. A bed should be able to take the weight of any person sleeping on it/getting into it unless you have a house rule on its weight bearing capability. Of course a rule with a limit might be deemed discriminatory!

If I were you I would either repair the bed or replace it with a stronger one.

Thank you for your input. According to the manufacturer the bed can take up to 200 lbs. We have instructions to use the bank bed for kids / teenagers only. Wonder if a house rule is better suited per your suggestion.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Khurram18 👋

How did you get on with this? Did you speak to the AirCover team? Let us know. 

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines