Guest needs detailed charge by date/day for expense report

Theresa445
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

Guest needs detailed charge by date/day for expense report

Hello, I am hosting my first stay and my guest is a first time user = I did not read all the documents associated with hosting = I am airbnbs' call center number one PITA (Pain In The Arse) currently.

The last issue I am waiting on technical support to call me for is my guest needs a detailed day by day with dates and charges shown for each day, hotel type receipt for charges. It is similar to what I have under 
RESERVATIONS-->DETAIL-->Payout-->SHOW BREAKDOWNS: 

EXAMPLE:  Payout

xxx nights room fee

$yyyy

Sun, 08/30

$50

Wed, 08/26

$50

Sat, 08/29

$50

Thu, 08/27

$50

Collapse details

Service fee

-$103.68

Total (USD)

$zzzz

zzzz is the total but it does not match the guests’ receipt since they were charged a higher service fee.

Therefore I cannot give them this receipt as it would not reconcile with what his business cc was charged.

I am guessing his company has had other airbnb receipts submitted for expenses; however he is extremely uncomfortable that it does not match his hotel’s detailed day by day receipt.

I am a home owner not a business nor a hotel so I do not know if those type of hosts get better receipts for business travelers.

Thoughts? Thanks, Theresa

6 Replies 6
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Theresa445 

Urghhh. This sounds like a pain the backside. Hosts are not provided with a day to day breakdown including Airbnb fees (other users, please correct me if I am wrong). What you have found is the best you can offer your guest. I would suggest you inform them that you do not see the breakdown with the fees and they need to contact Airbnb if they require that info.

I  agree with @Huma0. Hosts aren't provided this info, so honestly, I would politely direct the guest to contact Airbnb for that and not waste another minute trying to figure it out. @Theresa445 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Theresa445 Theresa445 

PS as it is Airbnb, not the host, who collects the money from the guest, it is their responsibility to provide receipts, not yours.

Hello, thanks to all for the excellent response..Theresa

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Theresa445  What the guest wants and what he can have are two different things. As Huma says, hosts don't get this kind of information in that format. If it's what the guest requires, he needs to make that clear to hosts before he commits to a booking, not get upset after the fact that you can't provide it.

He also needs to understand that Airbnbs are not hotels and don't operate the same way. 

Just tell him to contact Airbnb about it, because hosts don't have the ability to come up with what he wants.

And if he gets stroppy about it, make sure to mention in the review that he was a demanding guest who didn't seem to understand that Airbnbs aren't hotels. This is one time when the "Better suited to a hotel" review phrase would be quite apt.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There's little point directing the guest to speak to Airbnb -they will only provide the information they have already providing him on his booking confirmation which acts as his receipt. @Theresa445 

if your guest needs to claim back against his expenses he doesn't need a daily itemised receipt, he just needs to upload a copy of his booking confirmation.

Just explain the only receipt available is the one he has already been provided with by Airbnb.

I know hosts can get VAT receipts don't know whether guests can. If he wants to check this out he needs to get in contact with airbnb if he can't find it on his booking.