HOA restrictions?

Answered!
Isabel4203
Level 2
Manassas, VA

HOA restrictions?

Has anyone had to deal with HOA restrictions? My place is within a CONDO governed by an HOA. 

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Isabel4203  As a former resident of PWC, VA living within an HOA community, I assure you that your HOA restrictions will be upheld by the local courts and zoning.  Therefore, if your documents state that you cannot run a business from your condo, rent your property to tenants for less than a year, or any other language to that effect, you will not be able to have paying guests from AirBnB or any other OTA.

Best wishes.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you use the search function here @Isabel4203  you will see quite a few US hosts talk about HOAs

I believe increasingly they're banning STR businesses .

what did you want to find out ? 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Isabel4203  As a former resident of PWC, VA living within an HOA community, I assure you that your HOA restrictions will be upheld by the local courts and zoning.  Therefore, if your documents state that you cannot run a business from your condo, rent your property to tenants for less than a year, or any other language to that effect, you will not be able to have paying guests from AirBnB or any other OTA.

Best wishes.