Has anyone been successful with adding their Mexican RFC info and receiving a tax form?

Answered!
Joel936
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

Has anyone been successful with adding their Mexican RFC info and receiving a tax form?

I have added my RFC information as a taxpayer in my account, but AIRBnB has not collected any income tax. I have emailed them several times, but just get pointed back to help articles. LMK, Thanks.

1 Best Answer

To be more specific, I mean the Mexican Income Tax, it is not being collected.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Joel936  You mean you don't see any line item for Mexican tax charged to the guests?

I'm not sure what you mean by "receiving a tax form". As far as I'm aware, Airbnb just submits the taxes charged and collected in bulk, there's no tax form sent to hosts.

To be more specific, I mean the Mexican Income Tax, it is not being collected.

I didn’t mean to accept my question to my question. Bad system.

@Joel936   That's okay, it happens sometimes. I've never posted a question and tried to mark a response as resolved, so don't know how it appears, but I'm not surprised that the system needs improving, like much of Airbnb's programming.

Kathie65
Level 2
Leamington, Canada

Can anyone guide me in entering tax information for Canada?

Jeffrey743
Level 1
St. Petersburg, FL

In the first instance Air BnB are completely useless. All you will ever get from them are links that ultimately will end up at a Mx Govt web site in Spanish and a lot of legalese such as if you are a category abcd fill this form and if you are an xyz fill that form. My lawyer says that a Notary may be required to do this and that personal presentation at the Mx tax office may be required and perhaps Mx Residency as well. Still a work in progress. Air bnb taking 20% off the top as taxes.