Help required... Danish taxation on rental income

Answered!
Louise854
Level 2
Surat Thani, Thailand

Help required... Danish taxation on rental income

Hello,

I am a host of a (beautiful;) summer house in Denmark and have of course registered my boyfriend (who is Danish) relevant tax information.

However, it does not seem to be the case that the revenue is reported (which it should be) directly to the Danish tax authorities. 

What do I do? Can anyone assist? Also @Airbnb, maybe someone can assist?

Thank you in advance,

Louise

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Louise854 ,

I wanted to share this resource center article that gives general guidance about taxes and local regulations for an Airbnb Host:  Responsible hosting in Denmark . I hope you find it useful.

Also have you tried reaching out to Airbnb Customer Support as well?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Louise854 ,

I wanted to share this resource center article that gives general guidance about taxes and local regulations for an Airbnb Host:  Responsible hosting in Denmark . I hope you find it useful.

Also have you tried reaching out to Airbnb Customer Support as well?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Josh1830
Level 2
kbh, Denmark

Hello @Louise854  -

Did you ever figure this out? Trying to do taxes for our house in DK and can not see if the income is being reported directly to Skat or not. We created our PIN a year ago but have no idea if anything is happening.

Hello @Josh1830 . 

It seems to be ok... not sure if taxes are declared directly but we have not done it through an accountant and declared the amounts how they should be...

Thanks a lot,

Louise

Thank you @Louise854 . I spoke with a friend who is also a host and his earnings *are* shared directly with Skat. It makes a different because the taxable income limit is higher if Skat get the info directly from Airbnb VS getting the info from us directly. 

Also curious what the point  of the PIN is if Airbnb is not report gin. directly 🙂

Anyway, happy hosting and if I learn anything more I'll share here!