Help us hosts stay afloat during Coronavirus Covid 19

Mark8
Level 3
Boston, MA

Help us hosts stay afloat during Coronavirus Covid 19

Dear AirBnB: Many hosts are suffering catastrophic financial loss right now due to the Coronavirus. It would be a nice gesture on your part to release payouts to hosts for future, confirmed reservations. We desperately need this money to help us stay afloat during this dire time. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

@Mark8  How do you intend to return this money, should these future bookings also become eligible for free cancellations under the Extenuating Circumstances policy?

The fact that Airbnb is holding onto all of the money paid into post-April 14 bookings is probably the main reason it's able to refund the thousands of current bookings being cancelled. I don't know what happens if you pull out that Jenga block.

Mark8
Level 3
Boston, MA

Hi Andrew,

A portion of the $$ released would be a nice gesture.

Sandra216
Level 2
Panama, Panama

Or do what the airlines are doing. ... My flights have been cancelled and the money was not refunded back to my credit card but given as a future credit to my United account.  This saves the airlines and also could save the hosts...

David595
Level 3
Portland, OR

On Friday, March 27, the US Congress passed a bill that is supposed to include relief to businesses like ours.  It would be helpful if someone at Airbnb could provide information on resources that may be available to hosts who have lost income as a result of the pandemic.