Answered!
Angela3071
Level 2
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom

Hi new host on air bnb

Hi

I am a new host on air bnb.

My air Bnb is located  in south of uk.

Please have a look at my advertisement and let me know if you have any recommendations for me.

Kind regards

Angela 

1 Best Answer
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Angela3071 welcome!

I always start with photos because it's my profession, and because it's so important. 
Your first 5 pics are like your mini "showcase", where guests can scroll through those 5 whilst in the map view. Do not have 5 pics of the same room in that rotation. You need the Hero image, then 4 images that showcase your best ammenities, that make you stand out from the crowd. 

I would love to photograph your place, looks so quirky, great choice of adjective! I'd tone down the saturation in those pics though, it's too much. your first 9 photos are of the same space and honestly, as much as i love the look of it, i was then thinking "maybe this place is TOO much".  love the bathroom too.

you can probably reduce the duplicate photos, it's just too much for the eye I think.  I really hope you get pro photos taken at some point because you are doing yourself a disservice using your phone camera. 

What's an early bird discount? (well i know what it means but i've never seen such a thing on abb, how did you do that?)

Also search security cameras here on the CC so you are aware of the issues and make sure you are aware of your responsibilities. 

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Angela3071 

I suggest to add the section "sleeping arrangements"

Please note: your monthly discount is set to 50%

There seem to be no maximum stay set ?

Angela3071
Level 2

Hi

thank you for reply

where do I put sleeping arrangements section  and what do I need to put in this section 

also is 50% too high?

Angela3071
Level 2

I changed the monthly discount to 30% and max length stay 60days 

Not sure if this is best as don’t have any experience yet. 

@Angela3071 a quirky spot , maybe add a little more to the walls in the rooms with the black sheets . Maybe lose the black sheets and add some quirky throws. Beds are super important , if people are comfy and cosy they will overlook a lot . Add some more pillows if possible . All the best H

Angela3071
Level 2

Yes I want to do more in the bedrooms a d bed. I was thinking they don’t look comfy.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Angela3071 

You need to learn how airbnb works if not it will cost you money, go through this CC there is world of information here then also go to YT lots of video's there 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Angela3071 welcome!

I always start with photos because it's my profession, and because it's so important. 
Your first 5 pics are like your mini "showcase", where guests can scroll through those 5 whilst in the map view. Do not have 5 pics of the same room in that rotation. You need the Hero image, then 4 images that showcase your best ammenities, that make you stand out from the crowd. 

I would love to photograph your place, looks so quirky, great choice of adjective! I'd tone down the saturation in those pics though, it's too much. your first 9 photos are of the same space and honestly, as much as i love the look of it, i was then thinking "maybe this place is TOO much".  love the bathroom too.

you can probably reduce the duplicate photos, it's just too much for the eye I think.  I really hope you get pro photos taken at some point because you are doing yourself a disservice using your phone camera. 

What's an early bird discount? (well i know what it means but i've never seen such a thing on abb, how did you do that?)

Also search security cameras here on the CC so you are aware of the issues and make sure you are aware of your responsibilities. 

@Gillian166 you can now set early bird discounts and last minute discounts in the pricing and availability section of the listing.

@Mike-And-Jane0  oh yeah, now I see where it is, it has been there the whole time, i've never used it.  Wonder if it's effective, or do people just book and then cancel later? 

@Gillian166 

I was just trying to think were I had seen that, now I know it's you, a Pro Photographer I will ask for your expert opinion hahahaha, 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Angela3071 As a new host you need bookings and reviews. I would set your max stay to 30 nights or even less. Have you researched Furnished Holiday Lets on Gov.uk? Worth a look I think