Holding payments

Kim3389
Level 2
Kihei, HI

Holding payments

I have been hosting my current property since April 2022.  I am in a very sought out area and the bookings were coming quickly.  I currently am booked solidly through the end of March.  As I was waiting for my payment on my 4th guest, I received a message late in evening from Airbnb that my account might have been accessed and to change my password.  I did this immediately.  In the morning, I noticed that my payment went into someone else's account.  I immediately contact Airbnb and an investigation has begun.  As many know, it is very difficult to talk to a human about any issues with Airbnb.  The only answer I keep getting is that there is an investigation.  Since this payment was hacked, I changed my account back to the correct account.  I have hosted four other guests in the past four weeks.  These past four guest payments are being held by Airbnb.  There is no reason other than the investigation.  I am hosting, paying my bills, and earning 5 stars yet have not been paid in a month.  They currently owe me $5,000.  I am beside myself.

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Kim3389  the message you got to change your password was probably not sent by Airbnb but by scammers. I suppose you were provided a link to click on which lead you to the fake Airbnb website. When you logged in they got your password and were able to change your bank account No.

Never click on links provided in such and similar emails. Always go to google and type the URL by yourself.

You can see who and when accessed your listing here https://www.airbnb.com/account-settings/login-and-security  

I hope you have changed your password immediately.

Airbnb probably holds your payouts until the investigation ends but the entire month is really too long.  @Quincy could you help?