Holiday let Insurance

Paul6481
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

Holiday let Insurance

Hi all, can i just say what a very sad situation us hosts are in but all is not lost, if you have taken out Holiday let insurance like i did you may well be covered as i realised yesterday.

At the very end of my policy (section five on mine) it says, "Denial of Access"

It States.

Access to the holiday home being restricted or denied for more than 24 hours following a law order or decree of the government of the United Kingdom which is consequent upon natural disaster or outbreak of a contagious disease or other threat to health.

I'm not saying it will be on everones policy but if you have this on yours you can claim for each property you have.

I hope this post helps everyone, Paul.

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I'm in the UK and my insurance doesn't cover this. Glad yours does @Paul6481 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul6481 Its not in my policy sadly. That said I do hope you are not insured by Hiscox who are wriggling out of such clauses because they didn't mean to cover pandemics (although the class action lawsuit might sort them out

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Paul6481 I've just read a newspaper article that says that even if insurers accept there is a claim they may argue that the losses are very low as, even if the accommodation was open, there would be no customers as the country is in lockdown!

Unbelievable but claims are heading to the High Court and best advice seems to be claim and hope.