Home Sharing Permit for LA City

Answered!
Rajan2
Level 8
Los Angeles, CA

Home Sharing Permit for LA City

Hello. I would like to know if anyone has any resources to get help from the City of Los Angeles. I am trying to renew my permit. Nothing has changed from the previous year that I had a permit and now I am told that it is being denied. They did ask for several documents and requested I upload them to a link on their homesharing website. There is no link and it just states that I am denied. No links to upload. I have tried to contact them at the phone number and sent emails. Zero response. I am now not able to rent on Airbnb so my unit is just sitting. Any ideas to correct this would be helpful. 

1 Best Answer

I am a bit perplexed as to how this gets solved. I do think the layer of stress this is adding to the process of hosting guests is completely bogging down the experience for everyone involved. This energy could be directed towards the experience. It is taking 6 weeks of added stress and breaking a lot of hosts. When and how this gets addressed seems to be a mystery and out of reach of any host to repair.

View Best Answer in original post

28 Replies 28

I am having the same issue you are having all over again.

What's happened to the customer service we used to get through Air Bnb?  Seems like they've made changes, not good ones.

I been dealing with this dept since Oct 2022; it is a nightmare. Mail box remains full, how can an office that serves the public have a voice mail full? Emails go unanswered and when they finally respond is a block response and there's no one to talk to. 

Danielle513
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I'm in a similar nightmare situation.  I've called Air Bnb every day and gotten no help.  The city of LA planning office does not answer calls or emails, and their voicemail is full.  I am in full compliance and have paid for my 60 day extension and have been APPROVED but my calendar is still blocked!  Any ideas?

I am a bit perplexed as to how this gets solved. I do think the layer of stress this is adding to the process of hosting guests is completely bogging down the experience for everyone involved. This energy could be directed towards the experience. It is taking 6 weeks of added stress and breaking a lot of hosts. When and how this gets addressed seems to be a mystery and out of reach of any host to repair.

Hi !! Did u finally got it? It's so stressful 

I am in the same situation.  No one has any other contact info for the city planning? or air b and b that can help?

Can you post the link provided?

has your issue been resolved - I am in the same situation?

I am in the same situation as well. I was approved through the city but my calender is still blocked. Even when I try to unblock it myself it still goes back to being blocked. have you had any results yet

Shuntel0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I am having the same issues. Very frustrating.

Any updates? How were you able to solve this problem?

Stephany51
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I’m having the same issue. My extension has been denied and no way to resubmit. Now my calendar is blocked from less than 30 days stays. 

Hi Rajan,

My sympathies: I had a similar problem.  However, after sending many emails and even letters, they finally sent me a link portal through which to send their requested info.   The city is appalling in this regard!

Be careful when you apply for renewal that you don't categorize your listing in a new way.  In my case I did and they denied me.  Once denied, you have to reapply,  pay again, and wait- only to be denied again!!   I gave up and lost out on my bnb income.   It wasn't til recently that I figured out my error.

Beware of technicalities.

Best of luck.