Host - Payment

Dewa2
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

Host - Payment

Hello, I am currently reaching our to Airbnb support with no definite outcome.  I am waiting on a payment from them but they can not confirm when I will be paid.   The guest checked into my accommodation for a few days and will check out soon.  I don't want to confront the guest for payment as I think this is wrong he has paid Airbnb.   They have my payment on hold as the want ID from me I have tried many times to submit my ID but it keeps on being rejected.  Therefore I decided that I will no longer try to keep uploading my ID,  as I have concerns if the Airbnb Database gets hacked like so many other companies what will happen then.

Airbnb blocked my calendar for this year that is okay as I will stop dealing with them.  All they need  is my bank account details to deposit the money they same details they have had for the last 5+ years. 

Does anyone know the steps I can take to receive my payment.  

5 Replies 5
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey there @Dewa2 👋

It's been a little while since you posted, and I wondered if you had an update on your situation? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello @Rebecca, thank you for reaching out.  Unfortunately for me the issue has not been resolved.  I just can't understand how they believe it is okay for them to hold on to people's money.  

Every time I speak with them I have to go over and over the same thing, nothing get escalated.   I wonder how much money they are holding on to that belongs to other hosts or guests.  Just not right.. 

Rebecca it is very nice and thoughtful of you to reach out. 

Dewa 🙏🌹

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Dewa2 👋

Sorry to hear it hasn't been resolved. Payout issues can happen for a number of reasons from verifying your account to incorrect details provided so it might be worth having a look at these articles to make sure everything possible has been done on your end: 

Verifying your Host account
Adding a payout method 
How you get paid for hosting 

We have escalated your query to the Airbnb Support team so please be on the look out for any communications from the team. 

I hope this helps, 
Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dewa2 If you do not confirm your identity then you will never be paid. Airbnb, as a large corporation, has to comply with anti money laundering and other legislation that makes it essential they know who they are dealing with. Just because they have paid you for 5 years does not allow them to know who you are. 

Hello Mike and JaneO,  I provided all the identification to them and they just keep on coming up with requiring this and that.  Each time I speak to someone the next day it is someone else and we go through all the same questions and answers.  Nothing is escalated. 

It has become very tiring and frustrating and they appear to think that all regions around the world has the same documentation and agreements that is not the case. 

I hope one day to be paid.

Thank you for contacting me and I acknowledge your thoughts.

Dewa