Host support and air cover

Gary1074
Level 2
Mount Airy, NC

Host support and air cover

I had an incident with a guest, completed the process along with some 70 photos of documentation of the issue. The person who responded to the claim sent me a note saying, they had all the documentation and he was forwarding it to someone else in the department and someone would get back in touch with me soon. That was two weeks ago. I've sent numerous request via email for an update and called the super host center twice. All the center says is they will forward the information to claims department with notations of our conversation. All I'm asking is for someone to contact me to give me a status report. Support says they can't give me a contact name or number in claims department. Claims department apparently ignores emails and notes from support department. I can't conceive of the notion that I can't receive some sort of communication on the issue regarding the status of the claim. Airbnb has "hyped" this "Resolution support" portion of host protection, yet apparently they are in an isolated cone of silence. It took my cleanup crew two days, numerous washings, airing out the unit due to smoking (primarily "off the norm" tobacco variety) and trashing of my townhouse to get it back on the "inhabitable" status. I promptly sent in the evidence, time lapsed as a response from the guest, and now going almost three weeks without a status update? This is the "hype" of a division that apparently is the one using a waste can as a filing system?  How can I tell where this vicious circle starts and ends when no one responds to my inquiries.

9 Replies 9
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Gary1074! First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I'll pass this on to the team so that they can look into this. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I've been told several times "I'll notify the team"....still no feedback. The cover hype claims most resolutions are done in two weeks...it has now been over a month and still no feedback...not even an acknowledgement that the guest has responded...this is mushroom service...keep me in the dark and cover me with manure...terrible service...I'm not far from saying goodbye.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Gary1074, according to what the team has told me, there's currently no open case. They recommended that you contact them, so that they can look into this for you. 

The team can be contacted via this link https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact-us

-----

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Gary1074, it seems you sent a message to community email rather than it posting here. I could see from your message that you have mentioned having started a claim using the resolution center. However, I would still recommend that you also contact the team to double check this as I can't look into your case since the community is not the customer service team. 

-----

I sent it to community to let others know what a con the aurbnb air cover program is. I've had numerous contacts with the "team" to no avail. That's the point of my post.

Maria730
Level 3
Ashland, OR

We filed our first AirBnB Air Cover claim since 2013, when we began hosting. After submitting 34 photos, invoices, receipts, and estimates, we have had our claim denied by "Resolution Expert", Patricia Costa. Any additional requests for documentation was completed. Requests for communication regarding what was needed, have gone unnoticed. I am reading about small claims court, class action lawsuits, and using social media to call them out about their abhorrent false claims of protecting hosts with Air Cover.  

have you been able to resolve this? I am having the same issue

Yes and no...finally got a resolution for about 20 percent of claim amount about two weeks ago. Some five months after the event. I'm convinced it was akin to a payoff because I was making it a nuisance situation. Based on the number of calls, emails, time I incurred. I wouldn't be surprised if their payroll cost dealing with me was twice the amount of my claim. The type of irrational waste of manholes that Elon Musk is eliminating at Twitter.  Ridiculous sham of a so called host " benefit".

I am also experiencing the same issue with a Resolution Rep named Nikki.. 

We had someone book for 4 and had a party with 35 ppl.. I have sent over 20 photos and videos showing what took place and I am getting no response and no reimbursement.. This seems like a scam on Airbnb part..