House insurance

Answered!
Kittie0
Level 1
Columbus, OH

House insurance

My insurance raised to $4000.00! Thisis per year in Florida .Does anybody know of a cheaper alternative?

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Kittie0  Talk to your insurance company or an independent agent and get some quotes.  Each year, our independent agent researches the available coverage and recommends who to continue coverage with or start a new policy with.  Currently we are covered by Foremost.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kittie0 

I really don't know how it works in your neck of the woods, but I recently got my new policy through and it had gone up more than 25% on last year, even though I hadn't made any recent claims. So, I called up the insurer to cancel and, without any fuss, they reduced it massively, basically to what it was before, or significantly lower if I agreed to pay a small premium on claims.

Worth a try, if you are happy with your insurer otherwise.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Huma0 @Kittie0 

Yes, for us it's absolutely routine that the insurance company quotes a higher rate with every payment period.

I call them, tell them it's too much, and they change it back. 

Absolutely routine and predictable. 

But $4000? Is that per year or per decade? Are you insuring a cruise ship? 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Kittie0  Talk to your insurance company or an independent agent and get some quotes.  Each year, our independent agent researches the available coverage and recommends who to continue coverage with or start a new policy with.  Currently we are covered by Foremost.