How to ask guests to leave reviews?

Answered!
Heidy14
Level 2
California, United States

How to ask guests to leave reviews?

How do I ask a guest politely to leave a review? 
[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

1 Best Answer

@Heidy14 As soon as you or your cleaner get in the property, write your review immediately. Almost 100% of my guests review right away.

If they aren't leaving you reviews, they are likely too kind to say something they didn't like and don't want to hurt your business. Maybe look over your place or invite your most honest friends to stay a night & give you their opinion. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Heidy14 Something like

'Dear X, Reviews are critical to our success on Airbnb. If you could leave one for us that would be great but don't worry if you haven't got time. Regards Heidi'

Heidy14
Level 2

I like it, it sounds great! thanks for the tip! 

@Heidy14  A gentle conversation about reviews is fine, but Airbnb encourages both host and guest to write a review as soon as the guest checks out. I find that most guest will eventually get around to doing that, and some never will.

@Heidy14 As soon as you or your cleaner get in the property, write your review immediately. Almost 100% of my guests review right away.

If they aren't leaving you reviews, they are likely too kind to say something they didn't like and don't want to hurt your business. Maybe look over your place or invite your most honest friends to stay a night & give you their opinion. 

Heidy14
Level 2

Thank you very much for your suggestion! @Cari1081 

Have a great day! 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Heidy14 

You ask the guest politely to leave a review. 

@Heidy14 just politely ask your guest to leave/write a review once they checked out. You can refer to the example. Hope this helps! 

Dear xx,

I hope you enjoyed your stay at [Your Property Name/Location]! It was a pleasure hosting you. If you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate it if you could leave a review of your experience.

Your feedback not only helps us improve but also assists future guests in making their decision. Thank you very much for choosing our place, and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Heidy14
Level 2

Hi Alicia! That is a great way to communicate to my guest about leaving a review.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question!