How to extend stay with discount

Debbie815
Level 2
Athens, GA

How to extend stay with discount

I have a couple here to help their parent during coronavirius craziness.  Because of circumstances they want to extend their stay a month with a discount.  I don't have a problem with this but not sure how to do it.  Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

@Debbie815   Go to the "Reservations" tab in your dashboard, select "Change or Cancel," and manually enter the altered checkout date. Here you'll have a chance to choose a new total price (excluding Airbnb fees, which will be charged to the guest on top of your rate). When you complete this process, your offer will be sent to the guest, and only becomes valid when they accept.

One thing to watch for - if the guest does not have funds in their original payment method, you may find yourself in a situation where the calendar dates are blocked but the booking is unpaid. This can quickly become a complicated situation. So I suggest asking your guest to make sure their user account's payment method is valid and funded before accepting the date change request. 

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

The first thing I'd do, if it were me, is look into your local ordinances regarding tenant/landlord rights. Frequently, a month or longer rental means a change in your standing from host & guest to tenant/landlord so you want to get up to  speed on what that would mean for you. You might want to make up a rental contract with your potential tenants and negotiate a lower rent with them but include a security deposit. Knowing what the law says in your town may save you $ and grief. Best of luck, Sally