I want to try hosting.

Answered!
理恵4
Level 2
Hamamatsu, Japan

I want to try hosting.

I’m interested in English .So I started a part time job as an English teacher to school children. I merely started the job from May.

I want to communicate with guests.And I want you enjoying Japanese food and culture in your trip.

1 Best Answer

Thank you for your reply .The property is a three story building . I’ve already rented the first floor to the tenant . I want to rent the third floor to guests .
I want to have a Japanese cooking class and an English class for Japanese school children on the second floor.

It’s my dream . I will do my best .

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@理恵4 Do you have a property to host or are you looking to host an experience?

I already have a property to host. But, it is not prepared to rent yet.

@理恵4 That's exciting. We will look forward to seeing it once it is ready

Thank you for your reply .The property is a three story building . I’ve already rented the first floor to the tenant . I want to rent the third floor to guests .
I want to have a Japanese cooking class and an English class for Japanese school children on the second floor.

It’s my dream . I will do my best .

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Do make sure you check STR regulations in your area @理恵4 

I didn't know about the STR stipulations, and I really appreciate Helen3's information. I will check out the stipulations.

However, my property was used as a living room until a year ago. So I don't think it will be a problem.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @理恵4 

I hope you will come back and update us about your Hosting journey!  

Have you any thoughts on how to introduce guests to Japanese food and culture during their stay?  Will you provide them with recommendations of where to go, what kind of food to try?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Jenny There are two famous foods in Hamamatsu City. One is Unagi (eel) and the other is Gyoza (dumplings). There are long-established restaurants near my property. Those are reasonable and good tastes restaurants .

And sushi and yakitori restaurants are also within walking distance. My property is not a famous tourist spot, but an area where many Japanese people live their daily lives. Therefore, we can introduce reasonable and delicious restaurants.

Also, there is a large kitchen in my property, so if you wish, I can introduce how to make Japanese popular meals for example miso soup.