ISO: Vacuum recommendation

Megan501
Level 2
Ashland, KS

ISO: Vacuum recommendation

Does anyone have a favorite brand of vacuum? Thinking of a wet/dry vac. Need one for carpet, fabric couch and tile that will suck up EVERYTHING.

7 Replies 7
Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

@Megan501 I put a Shark stick vac in my Airbnb’s. Good suction, good price, light weight, multiple attachments, adjusts from carpet to hard surface floors and doesn’t take up much space! 

Thank you! I'll check it out.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Megan501 I know people have all sorts of fancy, expensive vacuum cleaners they swear by these days, but I'm a fan of the good old wet/dry Shop-Vac. They're noisy, but they do the job. There are all sorts of attachments for them.

I can get onboard with that! Thank you

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Megan501,

I just bought a Eureka small cannister vacuum that works on floors, rugs and tile.  It's not a Shop-vac, but it has good suction, can get under beds and other furniture, and isn't very expensive:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GB4S9H5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Usual wet/dry vacuum cleaners are noisy and intended for cleaning large areas like shops etc. Since you are looking for home use, I'd suggest a non-commercial one that won't make such noises. Here's a source you might check. The author focused on vacuum cleaners suitable for both hardwood and carpets here.

https://vacuumsadvisor.com/best-vacuum-for-hardwood-floors-and-carpet/

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I personally prefer the lightweight, versatile ones (I have a shark that I always use when I clean) but have found that EVERY cleaner I have head prefers my Hetty (AKA Henry) vacuum cleaner, without exception. I don't know why that is except that it is very reliable and robust and lasts forever. However, it is very heavy if you, like me, have a lot of stairs. The cleaners don't seem to mind it, but I still opt for the Shark when I clean. I also have a robot vac for day to day maintenance.