Insurance Claim

Answered!
Melinda382
Level 2
Lamar, MO

Insurance Claim

Good morning, I recently had a guest destroy a door that is going to cost $1300.00 to replace and we do have private insurance but I was wondering if anyone had information on how the Airbnb insurance works? This is the first time we have had something like this happen so we have never had to make any insurance claims. Any information from someone with experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 Best Answer

We went through Aircover, and they were able to get the money from the guest for us!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

@Melinda382 Airbnb's AirCover is essentially a protection program designed to provide hosts with peace of mind by offering coverage for damages and other protections. When a guest damages your property, you need to report the incident to Airbnb within 14 days from the guest's check out time. This can typically be done through your account on the Airbnb website or app via the Resolution Center for Aircover. Take clear photos or videos that show the extent of the damage. Also, gather any other evidence that may support your claim. Within the platform, you will be guided on how to file a claim for the damage. This will include providing the evidence you've gathered, a description of the incident, and the cost of the damages. Hope this helps! 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Melinda382  What the other responder has failed to mention, is that Aircover claims are extremely difficult and rarely pay out. It's not a protection program, and no host should feel any peace of mind about it. 

There are horror stories in this CC about hosts who have done everything right, and jumped through every hoop, to no avail. 

AirBnB asks for the same information over and over, a different agent handles the claim each and every time you make contact, and then they deny the claim, telling you you haven't submitted the proper paperwork or a similar story. 

Then they deny the claim, or pay out cents on the dollar. 

The information in the other response is from someone living in a fantasy land. Just search the community center and you'll know the truth. 

I'm sorry your guest destroyed the door, and good luck with whatever you decide to do. Kia

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Melinda382 👋

It's been a little while since you posted. I wondered how you got on and if you made a choice whether to claim on Aircover or through your private insurance? 

It would be great to have an update as your question and answer may help other Hosts in the future. Looking forward to hearing from you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

We went through Aircover, and they were able to get the money from the guest for us!