Insurance rate increases

Answered!

Insurance rate increases

Has anyone received their insurance renewal?  Word is that there have been some huge rates increases lately.  😞

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sean1398  Insurance companies tend to make changes to their policies on an annual basis.  That is why I have an independent agent who researches insurance for me annually and suggests the best policy for the upcoming year.  He (the agent) has saved me quite a bit of money doing this, and I am always well insured by a company who stands behind the STR policy.  Currently insured with Foremost for my AirBnB property in North Carolina.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Sean1398  Insurance companies tend to make changes to their policies on an annual basis.  That is why I have an independent agent who researches insurance for me annually and suggests the best policy for the upcoming year.  He (the agent) has saved me quite a bit of money doing this, and I am always well insured by a company who stands behind the STR policy.  Currently insured with Foremost for my AirBnB property in North Carolina.

@Lorna170 I agree.  Having a broker to look into different carriers is always a good idea.  Let the broker do the shopping for you.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sean1398 in the Uk our premium went up about 5% - I feel this is remarkably fair given the increase in building costs is closer to 30%