Insurance with pools that have a diving board

Dave1347
Level 1
Slovan, PA

Insurance with pools that have a diving board

I'm having a hard time finding an insurance company to cover liability since my pools has a diving board and a slide.  Does any one else have this issue?  Can you tell me If there is an insurance company out there that will cover this?

3 Replies 3

Hi @Dave1347 

Welcome to the community!

We manage multiple properties in different states and I understand how hard it is to choose the best insurance company for your listing.

Securing insurance for an Airbnb with a pool, especially one with a diving board and slide, can be complex due to the heightened liability risk. However, some insurers specialize in covering such properties. Proper Insurance is recommended for Airbnb hosts, offering comprehensive coverage for buildings, contents, commercial business liability, and lost business income, including properties with high-risk features like pools with diving boards and slides​ (**)​. Insurers generally require pool accessories to meet safety standards for coverage​ (https://yourgoodinsurance.com/blog/homeowners-insurance-pools-diving-boards-slides-everything-you-ne...)​. Additionally, diving boards increase insurance costs due to higher injury risks, so it's crucial to have adequate liability coverage​ (**)

For more details and options, you may also check Google for insurance companies that covers pools.

**[Links removed as per the Community Center Guidelines]

Thank you for your advice but I have already reached out to Proper Insurance, and I was going to sign with them until they wanted me to remove the dive and slide.  I really don't want to remove them if I can find another company that would cover them.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Dave1347 👋

Did you manage to find an insurance company in the end that would cover your pool with a diving board?

I also wondered if @Alicia753's answer supported you and helped you find a company?  If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines