Is anyone getting next summer reservation?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Is anyone getting next summer reservation?

I usually get one summer booking in June, July, August each, two in September, four in October and it keeps doubling with majority coming at the end of January-early February. By end of March my summer weekends are booked. One can say my prices are low but I host bigger groups and they are planners so I actually think it is just right. This theory is supported by the fact that any cancellations a month or two before arrival never get filled at full price. I also like the certainty aspect. 

Anyway, is anyone getting summer bookings at their normal rate? Are people going to book like crazy for next summer because so many vacations got cancelled, weddings rescheduled etc or too many people lost their jobs ?

Trying to add a little market research to my guessing. 

3 Replies 3
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Inna22,

I've shortened the booking window to 3 months lead time, because I don't want my calendar potentially blocked for several months, and guests waiting until the last minute to see if their reservations will fall under an extended EC cancellation policy.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I don’t ever let ABB book more than 3 months ahead. Vrbo 6 months

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Inna22 Interesting question. I am getting bookings for next summer, and even beyond. Also, having practically zero resistance to get guests to roll this year's reservations into next year; which I am aggressively doing ahead of Airbnb extending the EC time frame.  I think the mentality is that they definitely want to go on vacation by next year and subconsciously may be dependent on the believe that by then  Covid-19 will pass or a vaccine (there are many different ones actually) will be well in place.