Is it Possible to Restrict Bookings to Two People or More?

Answered!

Is it Possible to Restrict Bookings to Two People or More?

Today I looked into setting my listing so that only two to four guests could book (no solo guests), but I could not find a way to do it.

I no longer want to host solo travelers during this time of pandemic. Many of the inquiries I get for one person seem fraudulent, and I end up not hosting them either by cancelling on line or calling Airbnb.

I thought I'd heard of other listings taking only two or more guests, but I haven't found any information in Help.

Can one do it through the House Rules?

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

No, you can't set a minimum number of guests to effectively discriminate against solo travellers. Putting it in the house rules wouldn't cut the mustard either, @Irene879. Why do you think you get so many solo scammers? I've never heard of this before. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

No, you can't set a minimum number of guests to effectively discriminate against solo travellers. Putting it in the house rules wouldn't cut the mustard either, @Irene879. Why do you think you get so many solo scammers? I've never heard of this before. 

@Gordon0 

Thanks for your reply. I did not think it could be done either.

It is curious, the number of off kilter solo inquiries I get. Maybe to do with the times.

I actually cater to solo travelers (by my ricing structure) in this and another unit as I get many solo guests who come to our universities to work for periods of from a week to a month. They are always great guests. I deliberately created a price-structure so as not to price-out solo travelers.

However, lately I've received a number of both inquiries and IBs for a one person booking, and they reveal no information about themselves or the purpose of their visit. After a little communication it is clear that they are trying to book for one while intending to bring more than one (without paying for them) and for what purpose I don't know.

It's not difficult to get rid of them, but I find it wearisome at this time. I will probably just raise the price to price out solo travelers for the time being: the universities are all closed for the foreseeable future.. I don't mind resting the business during this time of pandemic. Any bookings coming in at this time I will look at very closely. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Irene879  I don't understand this-" Many of the inquiries I get for one person seem fraudulent, and I end up not hosting them either by cancelling on line or calling Airbnb."

Inquiries aren't bookings- they are just a way for guests to ask questions. As they are not bookings, they can't be "cancelled" and there's no need to call Airbnb. Inquiries only need to be answered within 24 hours, you don't even need to click on decline or pre-approve. And if it's a booking request and not suitable, ask the guest to withdraw the request and if they don't you'll have to either accept or decline within 24 hours. The only time you need to call Airbnb is if it's already a confirmed booking through Instant Book or a booking request you accepted and then felt red flags about afterwards.

@Sarah977  Thanks for your reply.