Is there something I am missing.

Is there something I am missing.

I filled out everything asked from Airbnb and unsure if the taxes and insurance required by the host is enough.  Just do not want to miss anything. And I have not yet heard from any possible guests and want to know what is the right first step during the initial conversation with a possible guest

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jeff2854 The insurance provided by Airbnb is woefully inadequate. For damage it only covers guest induced damage and then only pays out a depreciated amount. It is also not an insurance policy so is unregulated.

Imagine an electrical fault causes the building to burn down - No guest at fault (or no guest at all if it is a dead night between bookings) so no coverage. Equally standard homeowners insurance is usually invalidated when you list on Airbnb irrespective of whether a guest is staying or not.

I will be increasing my coverage through my insurance to include Airbnb rentals.The cost of course will increase to have it but hoping then come will make it worth while.

Good Morning @Jeff2854,

Good Question, and great answer from Mike And Jane. now i am talking to my home insurance company. 

Shayne & The TillieRose gang