Jefferson County Colorado (Unincorporated) Mountain Area Host Club

J-L-3
Level 2
Evergreen, CO

Jefferson County Colorado (Unincorporated) Mountain Area Host Club

Good morning Airbnb Hosts!

I'm interested in starting (or joining) an Airbnb host club specific to the mountain areas of Unincorporated JEFFCO (Evergreen, Conifer, Morison, Golden). 

I've been an Airbnb Superhost in Evergreen for the past couple of years. It's been a great experience hosting families and I have learned so much about the Jefferson County STR permitting process and associated hurdles. I recently navigated two JEFFCO Board of Adjustments for a short term variance in 2023. Both were passed successfully and I subsequently obtained the two STR permits for Evergreen homes. With any luck, I will have another permitted by the end of the year.  The biggest obstacles - NIMBYs and evolving regulations.  

JL3_1-1678299780088.png

Having a group of hosts to rely upon to support each other with information for the STR process and representation during the BOA hearing would be invaluable.  Jefferson County has continuously told me that regulations changes will be coming - but how and when they are unsure of. As these regulations change and opposition to STRs grows, it would be great to organize our own group to express our proposition to STRs and represent our mountain area property investors that specialize in STRs.  If Jefferson County only hears from the STR NIMBYs. 

If anyone is interested in an informal group, please reach out. 

~JL

5 Replies 5
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @J-L-3 

How are you?

Did you manage to find the Host Club you were looking for?

Just in case you haven't seen it yet, you can look for Host Clubs by heading here.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I have been hosting for two years and recently received a cease and desist from JeffCo. My property is 0.9 acres and one needs at least an acre in unincorporated Jeffco to operate a STR. I am interested in any efforts to update or challenge these insensible regulations. Anyone else in the same boat?

@Adam1638 I also just received a violation notice after two years and am in unincorporated Jeffco. Am trying to figure out what can be done. I have had no complaints nor understand what problems the county is trying to address.

Christopher1645
Level 1
Castle Rock, CO

Hi there, I am currently going through the process and would love some help from a fellow host! What is the best way for us to connect? 

Thanks!