Landline in Airbnb

Postra0
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Landline in Airbnb

Hello, do you know if a landline is required for Airbnbs in Ft Lauderdale? This question came up on  vacation rental registration. 

6 Replies 6
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

'This question came up on vacation rental registration.'

With Airbnb? If so, in today's world?How odd.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Postra0  I do not know if a landline is required in Ft. Lauderdale.  However, it was required in NC when I first began renting.  Since most landlines have been disconnected by the local company, I now have a phone in each of my rentals by using the bundle from the cable company.  This is not the ideal situation as the purpose of a landline was to be able to call 911 in the event of an emergency at the property location even when there was a power outage, having the phone through the cable service (VOIP) is the only solution that I have been able to find and successfully put into place.

Valerie1436
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi There, have you found your answer? What did you end up doing? I have seen that a landline is mandatory in the City of Fort Lauderdale requirements before their inspection...Honestly having a landline is a pain...it is supposed to be for security...we have only 1 accomodation we are planning on using for Airbnb 😞 

Rose422
Level 5
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hello @Postra0 , I have been hosting in Fort Lauderdale for about 2 years and haven't heard about this requirements. I barely know anyone using landline in their homes these days. 

Rose

Hi Rose,

Thank you for your answer. I agree about the "barely know anyone using landline in their homes these days." :))

do you have a license from the city of Fort Lauderdale? There is a 'vacation rental inspection checklist' associated to it.

Daisy288
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I'm trying to figure this out too, it seems like a weird requirement in this day and age