Learning the ropes of Airbnb in Florida...

Learning the ropes of Airbnb in Florida...

Hi there! I have been considering becoming a host for quite some time but I have an idea that I can't seem to find any answers for. I don't like the idea of hosting while I'm at home so I thought if I set the house up for guests and then I take a trip so they can feel more comfortable in the space without having me there (or maybe I would feel more comfortable I suppose LOL) would be a good idea. I did just learn that since my house has a homestead exemption, I cannot do this for more than 30 days per year but I felt that may still be a good option since I will still live there most of the time. Has anyone ever done it this way? Have you run into any issues if so? What do you feel the pros and cons are to this method? I appreciate everyone's input and help!!

5 Replies 5
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Lisa7468 I hope this venture works out well for you. My advice is to have back up help close by as things can happen with things not working eg fidge beaks down, water leaks, power is off, neighbours complaining of noise, number of people coming and going.

On the majority of the time nothing happens just be prepared with a plan. If!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am a homeshare host and have been for nearly seven years and love doing it @Lisa7468 

Why don't you post on your question on a local host group for your location (usually on FB) as they will be more likely to be able to answer your question.

Thanks for the advice Helen! I went to the FB link provided on the Airbnb page and that group isn’t allowing me join bc I’m not an active host. I wrote that I’m interested in becoming a host but they still declined 

C63D95B9-8F26-4C7A-A7B5-6B9A45599084.png

4B5B7922-777C-4800-82FA-3862C027A430.png

@Lisa7468 

There will be many other FB groups with people in your area,

Try this group it must be one of the biggest

https://www.facebook.com/groups/professionalhosts 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Lisa7468 ! It sounds like you're about to embark on quite an adventure. 😃

I hope the tips and suggestions from Hosts here have been useful so far!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen