Listing Suspended Without Warning

Charles1666
Level 1
Denver, CO

Listing Suspended Without Warning

This past Saturday, I was looking at my calendar and realized that all future unbooked dates were blocked, and my listing was apparently suspended. After calling/messaging Airbnb support, they told me my account was under investigation, but would not give me any further information.

I have been calling and messaging daily, but haven't been able to get any info on why this might have happened. Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do to resolve it? I'm starting to panic a bit and it's very frustrating that they can't even tell me why I've been suspended.

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Charles1666 I fear you just need to be patient. You could look at the issues tab under insights to see if there is any detail there.

Looking at your reviews it appears many people don't realise its a basement apartment and several seem to be affected by a smoking smell. Perhaps these issues need sorting when you get the listing back.

Suggestion: include in description that it’s a basement apartment and get the carpets professionally cleaned plus you can purchase smoke removal spray for the air or Febreeze Air spray!!

Darryl130
Level 2
Greenville, SC

So sorry this happened to you! You can use other booking sites until Airbnb completes what their doing and notify you. Hope this helps

Charles1666
Level 1
Denver, CO

They are asking me very targeted questions - almost sounds like someone accused me of breaking into the unit. But when I ask any questions about what the accusation is, they can’t give me any info due to “privacy concerns” - this is so frustrating because I really do my best to be a good host. I would never enter the unit during a reservation without permission or upon request to fix something.

The smoke smell was caused by a previous guest smoking in the unit, and I’ve tried everything to get the smell out. I wasn’t able to prove which guest smoked in the unit either so Airbnb was no help there. It has just been blowing my mind how useless Airbnb support has been through this whole ordeal.

**[Image of private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]